Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Challenge #1: Christmas

The goal: matching (or at least coordinating) accessories as Christmas gifts for a couple.
The deadline: Christmas, of course!

Someone suggested that this sounded like a reality show, so I decided to try blogging it. Future short-time challenges could include more gifts with deadlines. Longer-term challenges would include things like 12 Shawls in 2012, a real authentic Shetland lace shawl or all the projects out of a single book.

Anyway, I've got 2 skeins each of blue and silvery-gray Stitch Nation Bamboo Ewe to play with, and 12 days to come up with his-and-hers winter accessories. I've got cowls on the brain, but I'm not sure about man-cowls. But then again... garter stitch with a contrasting applied i-cord edging? I might set off down that road and either turn it into an EZ-style moebius cowl or leave it as a scarf. There are always hats (with matching Fair-Isle snowflakes??) but I'm not sure if these two wear hats!

No comments:

Post a Comment